View Single Post
Old 2008-10-01, 18:18   Link #19
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Ahh. The "it depends" card's been played here. I guess it depends whether a baby should live or die.

I'm going to try and be thoroughly clear about this. And also get to the point and hopefully not go on such a rant to put you all to sleep or something .

Ladies and gentlemen, there isn't an "it depends" card here. I've always thought that if I'd stand as a powerful politic figure or something, I'd be lenient, sympathetic, and empathetic to the victims of unwanted pregnancy, common example, being raped. It's funny how people think though. They say when a girl's raped, she should abort the baby because she never wanted it in the first place. Regardless of having the baby or not, the rapist will not stop. Afterall, they're done with their business after they do their dirt. The victim woman is left for dead, for all they care.

For the men, like myself, who don't necessarily fully understand the pains of giving birth, well, I can say that adoption is worse. It leaves a lifetime mark - that is to say, there isn't an easy way out through this method. Aborting is already the easier way, but I guess not everything goes the way someone might want it. Yet, abortion is hard too. As I've said, it leaves a life time pain, both mentally and physically. I say mentally, because, just because a woman aborts the baby, that does not mean it's existance is something that never happened. I doubt any woman who's a victim of rape and aborted because of it, would forget the horrific experiences, nevermind the scar of life which comes with abortion as a package deal.

"It depends" doesn't necessarily cut it folks. We are talking about a premature baby here. A baby. In case you forgot since it may have been so long, perhaps 10 years, perhaps 50, you were one of those things. By saying abortion is okay, I wouldn't be being lenient - I'd be sadistic. Regardless of what my train of thoughts is trying to tell me. There are hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of couples and individuals alike, who await years to adopt a baby. Sure, there are orphanages around, and people don't always take a kid from the local orphanage, but I guess people naturally would want a new born baby to become a new member of the family. It's sad, I mean orphans have lost everything, but what can you do.. Anyways, before I drift off topic-

In the states, from what I know, there are thousands of abortions everyday. This is criminal. I remember hearing this story one time, about a man who murdered a woman in labour. He was charged with two murders - one for the woman, and one for the baby. I'm pretty sure some of you came across this. For those of you who did, and even if you didn't, you know it now. Do you not find it so ironic, that aborting a baby is legal, yet when a woman in labour is murdered, two murder charges are applied? Would they add another murder charge by so called "bending the woman's will of keeping the baby alive"? I wonder, if she had decided to have that baby aborted, would the murderer have been charged the same way? Should the murderer have been charged for two murders? I think so. Why? Because he's taking away not one, but two lives. One which may have had a better future than him.

Forget the months, forget the time, forget it all. When you dot it down, it all comes to whether you want to kill the baby, or keep it alive. What's a baby anyway when it's just a baby, right? Well, for all you who say "it depends," what if I was to tell you that baby could have been you? Or for all you "pro-choice" people.. I love how they coined that term. Pro-Choice. It sounds so positive. A great manipulation. Nothing more.

Don't even start with the "It's the woman's decision to have the baby aborted or not. It's Her baby after all" act on me either. I may be cold and harsh to some of you for saying things in this manner, but man, the truth hurts. It was never a woman's choice to remove a living being. Never. Even if the rape occurs, I can't say that the rape gives you an excuse to abort the baby. I just can't. At the face of a living being, the opportunity for another existance to come to being in this world of ours, I can't say, "You've been raped. You now have the decision to kill the baby or not." If you can't agree with this, then look up Pam Stenzel. She's the result of a raped 15 year old girl giving birth to her baby. She doesn't even know her damn biological father. Her mom didn't abort her, and what's she doing now? Travelling around, giving counsel to women who've had abortion, and fighting it at the same time. Giving facts as to why it's the worst choice, and there are better options, even if you don't think so.

Society's got us all twirled up. We're not being lenient by leaving abortion as an option. Criminals will run loose regardless. Doctors are getting paid to get rid of life. And they're not doing anything better than Euthanasia by doing so - the only difference would be time, and that instead of just one, two unnecessary sacrifices are made here - the baby, and the woman's life. I'd be damned if there has never been a case in history where a woman's life was ruined, becoming disastrous, because of the mistake she made by having abortion. I'd be damned.

Pro choice? Forget that. I refuse to even title myself pro life. That's stupid. It should be an automatic given that everyone's for life. Even if you're pro choice, you're for life. Afterall, I don't know very many people who are Pro Choice and accept murders at the same time. So I guess it all comes down to the comparison between the value of a baby's life and the value of a matured baby's life (matured being any point after birth, let it be 10 seconds or 10 years). Ironic, isn't it. That we would devalue what we were in the past because it's "in the past". But for the last time, that doesn't cut it. It never will. Once the baby's there, it's there. If you don't want it, put it up for abortion - thousands of other people are willing to take it in your stead because they can't "create" their own. And if you really would rather pointlessly decide to have abortion and bear all the torment and anguish in the aftermath, it's "your choice" to do so after all. Believe me. No one really wants it. And I refuse to be sadistic by saying the baby's worth nothing when it's premature, and it's okay to kill it.

Take this in - take it in real well. There ain't no exceptions when life and death is at question. It's not about choice - murder is a choice. It's wrong. And trust me, You Don't Want That Choice.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.