View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 19:28   Link #93
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
They don't need to emulate each other. The author is trying to convince the audience of something. If the character (Tobi/Obito) were to emulate the author's motive, he'd changing be his hair to convince readers. He'd be breaking the fourth wall.
what are you talking about? this is getting a little silly here. all i'm saying is that obito should have a reason for growing his hair, cutting it, growing it and then cutting it. hopefully there will be one. if there isn't then i think it's sloppy writing. of course it's realistic and can happen irl, although it seems to be growing a little fast for my taste but that is the minor issue i have. my major issue is the drastic changes. people do cut and grow their hair as you felt the need to point out to me time and time again... i just think that it deserves more attention than a throw away red herring, which it very well might be and i wouldn't like personally.

Quote:
Maybe it's an example of weak story-telling, but I'm more concerned about actual plot holes in the making. Madara is shown to be alive something like a decade after already having given away his Rinnegan to Nagato. For me, this constitutes a plot hole because Edo Madara told us that he died shortly after he awakened his Rinnegan. We cannot go from Point A (Madara being dead after awakening the Rinnegan) to Point B (Madara being alive more than 10 years later) without some further explanation by the author. This is a true gap in the storyline. I'm not saying it can't be fixed, but right now it's a gap.
it can be explained as a metaphor. madara, as we see him in this flashback, is 'dead' for all intents and purposes. this kind of isolated, tethered, imprisoned, weak life is not what someone of madara's caliber would call 'life'. madara himself told obito that he was between worlds which is a similar metaphor. clearly old madara doesn't feel alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
On the other hand we now know now that Tobi knew about the power of Shisui's eyes, he tried to take the eye from Danzou's corpse. So maybe he did know that Itachi has the other eye, and in that case he avoided any direct contact with Itachi because he feared that Itachi would use it on him and end all his plans. That would explain why he was hiding his identity from akatsuki, and even when he joined them he never met Itachi personally.
that's an interesting theory. i dont really have a problem with itachi being the reason tobi never captured naruto, but there is also the timeframe between minato's death and the uchiha massacre in which tobi would have had no such arrangement with itachi and he could have (apparently) easily infiltrated the leaf and stole naruto. he could have done it the day after the kyuubi attack if he had recovered enough
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote