View Single Post
Old 2006-07-31, 12:11   Link #20
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Brilliant episode. This one gets a 10 from me as well.
I liked how they shifted the balance away from the omiai and towards the temple scene. It made the scenes much more effective than they were in the manga. Also, the way that they handled Harima's reactions and added the "sparkle-vision" moment really strengthened the moment. I'm really looking forward to see the follow up of this story arc next episode.

I liked your ideas on this ep, Truth-kun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigoismyhomie
One thing that I don't get. We all know that deep down in her heart, eri likes harima....a lot. but why she double kicked him when tenma put back the glasses on him? She sure got a weird way to show her affection towards him.
The anime approach to this was a little different, and I think it does a better job of explaining the drop kick. In this ep, from Eri's vantage point when she walks in, Harima looks like he's molesting Tenma. Some alternate reasons could be the fact that Harima tricked her with his "fake identity" or perhaps she even suspected him of being the guy who she was being forced to marry. Personally, I think they were just looking for a reason to revisit the classic "Shining Wizard" moment.

The ending switch was well timed. Not only does this event mark a turning point in the story, but we can finally replace the brooding Eri from the last ending with the cheerful one from this ending.