Thread: Licensed Chevalier D'Eon
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-27, 03:23   Link #86
wao
OK.

I just watched the raw of ep 2...

...My Japanese is absolutely insufficient I'm not willing to relisten to it many times over and over again to get all the details cos I'm too lazy, I guess (and I have better things to do, gasp). So I let most of the details fly over my head and just watched the thing happen. Well, I guess things are moving on and it's worth watching on for now, though we'll see how long this keeps up.

One obvious thing when watching the show is that they must have spent a lot of $$$ on this. The camerawork improved from last episode, but so did the animation. In the sense that the drawings are very detailed and accurate... Did the animation directors KILL themselves? But there is smooth movement as well. I wouldn't call it interesting animation or really good ones because the movements themselves weren't all that well planned out, but it still all looks really pretty and the is what people would normally expect from IG.

(...Oh. And D'Eon is hot. There, I said it...)

The OP is well... average, I don't really remember the song, and there's a lot of 3DCG in it. It's not entirely bad but finally there's Norio Matsumoto (It's a Furuhashi work; Matsumoto's almost always in there somewhere).

Now there isn't much of a choice because there's not much 2D animation in it, but my preliminary (and prolly very wrong) guess is the bit with Lia and the fountain. Or maybe D'eon with that terribly angsty clutching.

My one problem so far is that the show doesn't pay as much attention as I would expect to details in terms of sound and continuity. The sound design so far has been pretty much crap, IMO - the voiceacting is good enough but IMO there's still way too little background noise and noises don't continue when the camera is merely focused on someone else in the same scene. The cafe scene was a good example... While D'Eon and kiddo were talking there wasn't even the sound of the other people in the cafe or whisperings or what (which should've been the case considering they were all staring at him later).

As for continuity I guess my biggest nitpick is the end of episode 2.
Spoiler:

I know it's just nitpicking and a lot of anime do much worse things, but I guess I just have higher expectations of the show.

Now I'll just lazily sit here and hope somebody explains what went on and what the details of the conversatiosn were, or I'll just wait for a sub perhaps..

And there's a lot of mysteries left... Things could get interesting soon.