View Single Post
Old 2011-12-17, 17:42   Link #22
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
When Kirei was explaining the rules for the HGW he clearly stated that a master once chosen will always be on the list of top candidates. You want to kill off the masters because they can make new pacts with orphaned servants. However a master can only be chosen again once there is an empty spot for a servant.

This makes me sort of confused a the end of the episode. So why did Kirei spawn a new sign? Gilgamesh said its because the holy grail just likes him that much....really? Is that the real reason? That's it?

I also wonder what the Assassins actually felt like in the novel. Did they realize they were just pathetic pawns since the very beginning? Do they feel betrayed and used?
It means the Grail is saying he has some purpose or role yet to fulfill in this war that doesn't encompass what he had already done -- helping Tokiomi win. Since he had never wanted the Grail to begin with, since he thought the only reason the Grail gave him the Command Seals was because it was basically endorsing the plan to help Tokiomi, the fact that the Grail gave him his seals back after he had done his job is basically saying, "No, you actually DO have a reason to want to win for yourself after all, even if you don't know it," which changes his perspective on things.

Also, I thought people retained their Command Spells after they lose a Servant, since they could make a new contract with another one. So I'm a little confused why he lost his. I thought he should've retained them all along. Or maybe I misunderstood something.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote