Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-14, 02:22   Link #241
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Interesting post from Sorrow-K. I'm not totally sold yet, either, but the way we keep learning more about (and being surprised by) the characters is at least a good sign. The number of good posts here (and blog posts) makes me think the show may actually have something. Time will tell.

I enjoyed another blog post about the book of Browning: what is its role? We see it carrying romance in all directions -- Misaki to Touya, Rina to Touya.

I'm not against Touya, yet. If he slips away from Yuuki, it's partly because he imagines her already slipping away from him. For various reasons, my sympathies lie with Yuuki, and I am so afraid of how it will all come as a shock to her. She sees only her budding career -- the thing she has longed for -- and seems unaware of how it affects the relationship she also seems to depend on. She doesn't realize her life is slipping away from Touya's, since it is otherwise so full and complicated. To her, grabbing a few minutes to phone him is a big deal. To him, it seems like nothing much.

If Rina really is going to make a move on the guy -- and I'm not convinced that's true, yet -- she is beyond the pale, for me. Completely unacceptable behavior, since she doesn't really know the guy and moving on him would be more about harming Yuuki and/or declaring her own superiority than being so attracted to a guy. She may well be just contacting him to tell him to be good to Yuuki, however. We shall see.

I feel a bit of madness in Haruka, who may be my own favorite character so far. She wants to preserve the pleasant osananajimi life, but below the surface, she wants much more, and is willing to overstep the bounds -- such as sitting there on his step for so long.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-01-14 at 03:13.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote