Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-14, 05:36   Link #246
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Haruka is an interesting character yet she seems complex im not sure what her motivations are for anything. The scene where she randomly shows up at Touya's door and says to lets go for a walk was out of the blue. I also did not understand Touya's suddenly saying no and closing the door in her face only to check back later. There relationship seems very complex. Im anticipating more background into Haruka' personality and what drives her.
Haruka is the wildcard and it'd be surprising if she hooks up with anyone. A lot of Aquaplus romance has them. The ostracized (whether consciously done or not) girl who is the weird-girl-next-door type. And BTW, they're my favorite archetypes in these types of shows anyway. They always do the unexpected thing.

As for the whole 'this show takes itself too seriously' kind of talk, I actually sort of agree. For one, they don't even try to put in some type of cool-factor evident in ef shows or the comedy imbued with drama like in Clannad. It's just straight melodrama, this one.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote