View Single Post
Old 2009-08-16, 09:53   Link #84
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
You know you guys, the way I read this, although it's very hard, is trying to find the kanji myself using the radical system, looking up those kanji, and then remembering the grammer I've learned. It will honestly help you a lot more then just machine translating hooked text (having the game script would be better anyway) if you're planning on learning Japanese in the long run.

For a dictionary I use EDICT, both on WWWJDIC and using JLookUp whenever I'm offline or when I don't wanna fire up firefox. :/
For reference, that's pretty close to what I'm doing - only I'm using AGTH (text hooker, not translator) to let me copy&paste the kanji I don't know into wwwjdic since it becomes really frustrating to have to hand write into my DS every so often
I do have Atlas open, mostly out of curiosity. Sometimes it's on, and sometimes it's waaaay off XD Some strange things have come out of that all right...

I am doing my best to fight the spoiler tags (and avoid 2ch, 4ch, you name it) until I finish.... Has anyone here gotten to the end? I'm just wondering what percentage of people who know various spoilery things have actually gone through the story or just actively hunted down spoilers XD