Thread: Licensed Usagi Drop
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-16, 15:25   Link #677
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^That's not counterproductive for me. By now I would have already jumped on the manga if it weren't for manga readers warning me the quality took a massive dive halfway through. It's precisely because I loved this anime so much that I'm ambivalent about reading the manga. If reading it will ruin the good memories I have of the anime, then I'd rather not do so, therefore I'm grateful for those warnings. That said, I'm afraid curiosity will eventually get the better of me.
I don't really see how it can "ruin the good memories of the anime" since the story is, in essence, divided into two parts. Although a story is/should be judged in its entirety, it, in a way, doesn't make sense to rejudge a previous arc because of events in a future one. If the latter half of the story was bad, then it is simply 'the first part was good, and the second part was bad', especially if it isn't one cohesive narrative.

For me, without being actually told what is wrong with the latter half, it sounds more like people are whining because it didn't turn out the way they expected. Just because others didn't like it doesn't mean I will dislike it as well. If it was something I hadn't invested time in, then yeah, it would definitely affect my interests, but something of this calibur? Nah, it just makes me want to see for myself.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote