Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 03:26   Link #1026
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well not to derail the topic too much, but I think this is a misrepresentation of what a lot of people do sometimes. When I watch an anime at least, I'm not constantly thinking in my head about how an anime could be better or how the characterization or directing or whatever can be better. I simply watch and experience and react. Depending on how I feel I might try to rationalize my experience afterwards, but that doesn't mean I'm actively doing that while I am watching. The only time that would happen is when something is so ridiculously bad that I am taken out of the experience all together .
Fair enough, but I can only base my perspective on what people like to talk about on the Forums. If most of what people do is "rationalize their experience" (or try to rationalize the show), it makes it seem that anime is, to them, primarily rational. I guess it's just different personalities and the way they convey their opinions. Personally, I don't like to make the show responsible for my feelings and opinions, just a contributor to it, so that influences the way I write.

Anyway, as you say, it's neither here nor there, so we should probably move along.