Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 14:33   Link #1038
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So all that to say... I wouldn't say the story here is so messy or chaotic. Each of the characters has their own lives and their own worries, but they converge in this one particular club where they help each other out. Neither the club itself nor the music are really the central point, but it revolves more around a sort of nostalgia for a place that helped define their high school life -- for the children as with (some of) their parents.
That might very well be the case, but swap out choir club for any other sort of hobby and then the story is essentially almost the same. If it fails to incorporate it in a meaningful way, I find that disappointing. I actually thought the choir aspect was something nice about the show, irrespective of how pleasant the characters might me.

Also if it was about bringing people together, then why does it feel constantly like two of the members are constantly shafted (The guys?). They didn't even get invited to the opera this episode. Club unity? Where? I understand the importance of Wakana's episodes to the overall setup of this story, but now Sawa's feels tangential to the idea you're speaking of. This is the real first time the show has started waltzing away from its setup into something else that is not related whatsoever to the choir club (Wakana's drama at least had to do with why she wasn't singing, but Sawa's?).

Again, in a 2 cour show this wouldn't be a problem, but this is a cause for concern if they start branching out too much.

Furthermore if it is what you say it is, I also dearly hope they don't forget the other two members of their choir club. I don't think there'd be any excuse to not give them their just do. Although Wien might already be a hopeless cause.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote