Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-21, 22:18   Link #59
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Chicken Alfredo

Hungry? Need something quick? Tired of Macaroni & Cheese? Try this.

Step 1: Preparation.

I only had half a jar of Alfredo sauce to work with so I decided to supplement it with some heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and minced garlic. Remember the lime marinated chicken breasts I cooked the other day? I'm going to be using one of those chicken breasts in tonight's meal. Also, any pasta will do. Macaroni elbows, spaghetti, shells, whatever you're in the mood for.

Now, alfredo elitists will pretty much use heavy cream a parmesan cheese for their sauce only. Also, a fresh garlic clove is preferred, however, the theme of this post is "Working with What You Have."

Spoiler for The ingredients:

Step 2:Cooking the pasta.

Pretty straightforward. Boil some water. When the water is boiling, drop some pasta into it. Some people put salt in the water. I don't care for it. Also, general cooking time is about 7 - 10 minutes. I cook mine just a bit longer because I like my pasta a little on the soft side.

Spoiler for Pasta!:

Step 3:Making the sauce.

While the pasta was cooking, I put the chicken breasts in the microwave for about 3o second just to warm it up a bit. Then I chopped it up on a cutting board.

Spoiler for Chicken cubes:

I put the half jar of pre-made alfredo sauce, about a cup of heavy cream, and about a cup of parmesan cheese, and a spoonful of minced garlic in the a frying pan. Then I added the chopped chicken. Use low to medium heat. Remember, the chicken is already cooked.

Spoiler for Mixing the alfredo sauce:

Step 4: Can't think of a title

By now the pasta should be cooked. Get a strainer or colander ready in the sink. Be careful when pouring the hot water and pasta, if you're not careful, you could burn yourself. (That's my good deed safety tip for the day. )

When the hot water is drained away, put the pasta back in the pan.

Spoiler for Straining the pasta:

Step 5:Enjoy!

Scoop up some pasta. Put some sauce on top. Grab your favorite drink. Have a great dinner.

Spoiler for Dinner time!:

Oh, and the beer was pretty good too.

Endless "Alfredo elitist" Soul