View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 07:54   Link #10639
Wolfenstein

So you're saying the fanservice has NOTHING to do with ratings? You don't think they might just buy the manga to see if there's some cute ass or something shown at that particular chapter? Hey, I don't know the reason they buy. Neither do you. I'm assuming, you're assuming. My assumption is just as valid.

~~~~

Sol, you realize you're literally saying I should've mistrusted the manga completely and not expected it to turn into "Zenkichi Box", when that's exactly what Nishio put in his ending for the past previous arc?

Are you really saying that? Are you really saying my "expectations were too high" or that "I was reading too much into it" so that I never saw the obvious coming?

No. The entire fucking manga was leading to the deconstruction of Medaka as a horrible character. The entire point of Zenkichi's character was to invalidate Medaka's ideology(beat her), something Kumagawa and Ajimu couldn't do. That all happened.

The manga that comes after reflects nothing of that. Since Medaka is still the main character(still as soul-crushingly boring as ever), Kumagawa is still tame, Zenkichi is still a lap-dog who won't even take a second glance at her obviously bad characteristics(such as the end of the Jet-Black Wedding arc. What the hell was Medaka's reaction? That was horrible. Just horrible.). The status quo hasn't changed.

And the previous arc was the showcase of that. And that's why it's horribly boring.

Really, you're literally saying "You should've seen that the manga, OBVIOUSLY, wasn't going to change, it's just too deep, you misread, didn't get it". Don't you realize you're just substituting your own thoughts into the story because Nishio left a giant gap in coherence due to trolling?

Nishio isn't deep or complex with what he did, he's just inconsistant.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote