View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 22:00   Link #1041
Mazyrian

Quote:
On another front, I've read speculations that Kud was fully aware of the truth of the world by the end of her route, and that she was actually offering to sacrifice herself so that the rest of the Little Busters may live in the real world.

It also makes me wonder about Kurugaya's true end. The way I see it, Kurugaya's true End and Kud Wafter takes place in alternative outcomes after the events of Refrain. I think the problem, and the Fridge Horror is, depending on how much memories those girls retained of Rin in the Dream World after waking, there's alot of hearts that will be broken.
After finishing Refrain Kud gets some additional scenes, and a new end (at least in EX), and there are a few scenes with her talking with Kyousuke like she had noticed something. About her route, my personal theory is that the whole cave thing was something like an allegory for her emotional situation, and what was really happening was that ending unlocked after Refrain.

And I don't think the characters remember much of the concrete events. Riki may have said as much in Sasami (though I don't quite remember now -even if I should; it wasn't so long ago I read it), and, well, that's the whole point of Kurugaya's: that she wouldn't remember her relationship with Riki.

As for whether Kanata was real or not, somebody should count the lights before and after finishing Haruka's.