View Single Post
Old 2018-08-04, 05:45   Link #1098
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
Hi, I’m on vacation and forgot to bring my light novels with me and I need something to read. To try them out I commanded both first volume of no game no life and DanMachi. Which one should I start with, which will I like best ? Didn’t watch any of the anime.
the two are really two different works, no game no life is your typical Isekai transplant with super buff to dominate, while danmachie is your typical youth self grow from nothing to greatness through a lot of hard works and luck to overcome hardship, nothing wrong with either, for instant gratification Isekai works better in short volume, while the self growth type offer more satisfaction and get your blood boiling in the long run with redemption,

my preference is Danmachi, but Danmachi’s deliver high point is book 3, 5, 6, and 11, you won’t get much from reading book 1 alone. and Danmachi did contains some dark materials. just book 1 probably no game no life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
And also which other novel should I buy ? (I’m speaking of any available in paperback)
for light reading, I recommend Isekai Nonbiri Nouka (Farming Life in Another World) and Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World), neither is in English officially I am afraid, you would have to look up fan translation. and in the case of Danmachi and Isekai Shokudou, I would recommend you to watch the anime first.