View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 13:28   Link #65
Maerskian

And now for the weekly update... although didn't watch too much lately... or there's not much to say ...

Ongoing
Astro fighter sunred ... about to finish ... it's mostly the same from the beginning to the end, an ok watch if you're into parody, not outstanding but entertaining...

DT Eightron : Still stalled
Infinite Ryvius : just 4 episodes for now... nothing good to say yet, but will give it some time to develop since i read so many reviews talking about something greater behind... although my hopes are quite low
OZMA : still stalled
Hakugei - Legend of the Moby Dick : 5 episodes for the time being.... noting great to say yet, but still think it needs some more time to develop the plot.
Tasogare Otome X Amnesia : as described on an earlier message
- Mouryou no Hako : Just one episode for now; it started with a very interesting scene, nice drawings, some nice animations here & there... although then developed into something different, not as promising.... anyways, seems like it could be interesting

- Tsuritama : 2 Episodes so far. At this moment is more on the wrong side: It started with some interesting animation gag.... but they're using it again & again, making it look like they lack more resources than that, and making the viewer think on copy-paste animation... definitely not a good thing.

The co-starring uchuujin character is way too forced in everything he says... they way he acts even, there's no connection between one action & the next: he just appears, says "i'm an alien - you're my friend" and that's it .... his comedic gags are way too soft, and even when he's using his water-gun look like copy-paste again ( although this time with a really generic front look-cheap animation ) .

The Uchuujin's sister adds the once again unnecessary sexy touch in a show that didn't really start being fun ... and this compromise the air time ( once they put a character like that on scene, it's guaranteed she'll take several close shots from time to time ... a way, like any other, to fill air time ) .

Another character forced his way into the show... and this is looking worse.

Will try to see this one to the end out of the respect i owe to Mononoke's creator... and the fact that Kuchuu Branko ( with its many flaws ) was (although decreasingly) entertaining

- Real Drive : 2 episodes ... and now i understand why i dropped this one years ago.... this looks even stupid at times.... still can't figure it out how people compare this show to GITS or even Lain & the likes ... but still, seems like i'll need to be strong and go past episode 7 to find out .... or not.... not an easy task considering what i've seen so far ...

- Kurenai: Ditto
Maerskian is offline   Reply With Quote