View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 22:57   Link #410
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
I dont think he's exaggerated as an antagonist. I kinda think he DOES need to be a slimeball to get in Kazuto's way because if he was any kind of respectable man, he wouldnt: A.) Even consider any of this with a young girl, much less one who hates him, B.) Try this with a girl who's in a COMA, and I'm not too sure about this one cause I'm unsure of how things are in Japan, even if it was an arranged marriage ceremony or whatever it is he's planning, he wouldnt stand in the way of Kazuto and Asuna being together.
The only reason I feel the writer of the story gave Sugou the "Villain Ball" as you said, was because he wanted the viewers to throw all hate onto him. The only way to do that easily was to give him a silly exaggerated scene that showed how obviously evil he is. He could have been just indifferent about marriage and still be in the way, not because of his personal interests, but for the needs of business. Asuna's parents are just as much to blame for this as Sugou is too. Just why do we have to hate this guy specifically?

I just think Sugou could have been handled a bit more creatively. That's all.