Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 22:21   Link #3437
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I learnt about it from a BBC documentary a while back. Unfortunately, I've lost the link to the video and article. The story was actually about how Japanese women were beginning to redefine their sense of self and independence in old age. In many cases, the women felt trapped in their marriage out of a sense of maternal duty, and so a few them divorced their husbands once their children had grown up and left home.

But it wasn't all doom and gloom, because there were husbands who said they would be helpless without their wives and confessed that they had taken their wives for granted and wanted to make amends. There was one husband who was visibly embarrassed when asked if he ever told his wife that he loved her. It was clear he never did, but that was when he clarified that it would feel wrong to say those words aloud, because he would sound insincere (it's like this: if you've never said those words, why would you suddenly say them now; does it even matter any more; if you love her, shouldn't a lifetime of actions have proven it?).

His wife was besides him during the interview, and she seemed amused at his discomfort. They struck me as a loving couple, who have grown so used to each other's habits that there was little to be said between them that they didn't already know.
Unfortunately you don't have the link, well at least you told me what it was about. Now I understand where you are coming from, but some reason I think of this with generations before me. Like the newer generation probably thinks otherwise about this, but I'm most likely wrong.

Also, should I read the Cross Game manga? I heard from other's feedback that they said that the manga is better than the anime because it was well done. Is that true, or will I just read the same exact things I saw during the anime. Also, is Kodacha comparable to this anime? (I know it's off topic)