View Single Post
Old 2010-11-04, 13:42   Link #169
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Not sure which one you're talking about, but every single resurrected ninja I saw on that page has been shown before. If you mean the spikey-haired guy, then that's Motoi's dad.

It's all about presentation. Kishi could have effectively introduced a bunch of new baddies if he presented it properly, but rather than do that, he went for a cheap "OMGWTFBBQ" moment that doesn't even make any sense. Oh, and here's the rub: it would be an extremely difficult, perhaps impossible, task (especially for Kishi) to introduce even more revived ninjas who are new to the series, since he's already juggling 23 revived corpses, which, in case you didn't know, is a pretty hard balancing act on its own.

Even so, if it turns out that Kabuto did revive some other famous ninjas we haven't seen before, I may give Kishi some credit, but I still find this whole plot point to be wholly stupid.
personally i see introducing new characters at this point not a sign of creativity, but kubotivity,

plus there's the kage we've never seen before, and motoi's dad as well as the previous raikage are barely a few chapters old. The people that were revived makes perfect sense like james said, because kabuto explictly says on page 12, panel 12 "Once we know our enemies, we'll be able to hit them exactly where it hurts the most"

So a random ninja that we never knew, would only be effectively for... another random on the good side that we don't really know, + flashbacks explaining the emotional connection... -__- oh that'll make a lovely 3-4 chapters (per new character)