View Single Post
Old 2015-10-18, 21:44   Link #128
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Huh? Orga doesn't represent ambition. His goal is to have a place they could live well, iirc, so Kudelia, IMO, is kind of the embodiment for that aspiration. At least to Orga. Mika's goal is simply "gotta protect my pals." He's a lot more living by the day, while Orga thinks about the future.

I don't think Mika will have "revenge", it'll be just dispute drama before they can work their problems. This is speculating, of course, but I can't fathom why would he "chose" between Kudelia and Orga as you said.
If Orga's goal is to just have a place where they could 'live' well he wouldn't be sacrificing his men to save Kudelia. The thing is, these characters will change, especially since they're finally entering a new kind of world beyond just day to day fighting and surviving. Orga is very much a do whatever it takes to ensure his goals are met. Right now those goals are Mika and the rest of his comrades. He is perfectly willing to execute those that get in his way. He's not in it for any kind of grander purpose, at least that we know of. It's not going to be smooth sailing from here on out. He's going to be faced with more and more difficult decisions, and so far from what we know, it'll always take the one that's more pragmatic for his own comrades. The forces he'll be facing will be much stronger than just 3 grunt suits in the future. He's going to need more power to protect his comrades, and since no one is going to give it to him for free, he's going to need to take it himself. There is not status quo for him to cling to, he'll need to either move forward or watch his friends get slaughtered by the overwhelming power of the enemies.

Kudelia on the other hand is an idealist with a much grander dream. Even if the events of the first three episode have knocked her down to earth (or mars in this case heh) just a bit, her ideals and what she fights for is much greater than just day to day living. She's fighting for all the children of Mars. Her goals are currently aligned with Orga, but eventually she'll need to go her own way, and her method of doing things may or may not prove a problem to Orga.

Thematically Orga and Kudelia are the most opposed, with Mika having a very limited scope in terms of the beliefs he fights for. It doesn't seem very likely from a narrative standpoint to have Orga and Kudelia become one 'side' while Orga becomes the other. Not to mention it'd have to be something really drastic for Mika to oppose Orga. I mean Orga pretty much ordered most of their comrades to their deaths in episodes 1-2 but everyone followed his orders and nobody blames him. Mika even pointed out that everyone is sacrificing themselves for Kudelia but he doesn't blame Kudelia at all in episode 3.

The only way I see a schism forming between Orga and Mika is if Mika comes into his own set of ideals that's different from Orga's, and they decide to go down different paths. It'd have to be something a lot grander than 'protecting your friends', and the only other choice is Kudelia.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote