View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 15:07   Link #2823
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This whole "purity" crap has really gotten out-of-hand:

AKB48 pop star shaves head after breaking band rules

I realize she broke a rule, but the rule itself is ridiculous. The woman is twenty, which as far as I know makes her an adult in Japan. The idea that fans somehow have the right to tell her how to conduct her sex life is absurd.
I agree, that rule is pretty terrible.

But alas, it was her decision to break the rule, regardless of how stupid it was. No one is forcing her to follow that dumb rule, she could leave the band and be free at any time (actually, she may be under contract. Still, she could have just not joined, she must have known the rule before she entered any binding agreement). To see her shave her head and talk about how sorry she was after knowingly breaking the rule?? No sympathy from me.

She's 20, she's old enough to own up to her actions and be responsible. Don't make decisions you know you're going to regret later, unless you know they'll be worth it (and seeing all the boohooing and self embarrassing stunts she's doing now, that doesn't seem to be the case here).

Not trying to be mean, but I have to wonder if this is just a publicity stunt, or maybe a way for her to get her fans to attack that rule. What else could she have possibly gotten out of all this??
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote