View Single Post
Old 2006-03-13, 07:20   Link #15
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Simple question to all of ye Adobe After Effects users out there. Do any of you use the CCCP with Adobe AFX or have had issues when the CCCP was installed with Adobe AFX? At the CCCP forums we have had a few strange posts about AFX simply not initializing if the CCCP was installed. However I myself even installed AFX and found no issues at all, which sort of lead the search for the problem to an end. Just looking to see how many, if anyone at all, can also use the CCCP and Adobe AFX without issues. Though I am guessing few if any Adobe AFX artists may use the CCCP.

For anyone that may have had these strange issues in the past there was a point when we believed the problem to be the absence of FFDShow VfW, though Adobe uses no VfW decoding whatsoever, there was one instance where adding the ffvfw allowed Adobe AFX to open. However since we could never truly reproduce the problem it is hard to say whether anything was truly broken at all, and more likely it was something else on that person's machine. Now however the latest CCCP includes ffvfw, so if you ever did want to use the CCCP and AFX it may work now. If you would like to try again please do and post on the CCCP forums (since I don't think we need to muddle up this nice thread n_n), or if you've had no issues whatsoever before please post.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote