Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Overlord Season 3
View Single Post
Old 2018-10-05, 10:20   Link #1019
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Of course, it hasn't happened yet in Ainz's case, which is a problem I have some portrayals of Ainz: how reasonable is it to credit him with things he hasn't achieved yet?
We can easily see Ainz has the will and the mean to achieve his agendas. Other than future players, I don't think there is anything that can stop his plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Gazef, Climb, and Brain are far more heroic than Ainz. The Order of the Blue Rose are heroes.
What did they do to deserve the title "hero" anyway? One of them recently committed suicide because of his false sense of loyalty, one is a deluded kid who knows nothing about the world, let alone the liege he serves, another is a literal bandit who lived in cave where they kept females as sex slaves. The rest are biased and racist human supremacists who would attack anything non-human on sight just because of their race.
Quote:
Just because they cant measure up to many of the lesser beings of Nazarick doesn't make them less of a hero.

What Ainz is, is power, and power does not make a hero. Power makes you powerful, what you do with that power determines if you are a hero.
But does heroism holds any meaning if there is no power to enforce it? I mean do you see any hero epic where the hero is a weakling who can't do anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
and what kind of hero needs to cahoot with his own minions to gain the recognition from the public?
Realistic heroes who are willing to use pragmatic methods to serve a greater good.