Thread: Ubuntu Linux
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 04:48   Link #74
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Might try here as well. I've just completed a clean install on a PC I just built for my brother.

Specs
CPU: AMD X2 3600+
Mobo: Asus M2n8 vmx
Video: ECS 256 nvdia 7600gt
Wireless card: Asus WL138G
LG SATA Dual layer burner
WD SATA 250gig HDD
Ram 1 gig

ISP: Optusnet Australia
Wireless Router: WRT54gl
Cable Modem: Motorola SB5100

But now I can't connect to the internet, I've plugged into the ethernet adapter cable modem -> PC direct, I've removed the router, Ubuntu picks it up and says I'm connected but all connections time out. I've tried a manual config using what's on the Win XP Pc but still no go. I've tried DHCP and still no good. Eventually once I can get the ndiswrapper and stuff this will become a wireless connection until then I'm chained to the basement.

I also had this issue on install and am not too sure if its related.

I boot up using the burned ISO CD. I get to the menu asking me what I'd like to do. I select option 1 but the following errors come up

18.239616 MP-Bios bug 8234 timer not connected to io apic
18.418467 Kernel Panc - not syncing 10 apic +timer doesn't work boot wth apic = debugand send report.

I did the f6 noapic thing which let me install.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

So far everything works fine all apps work ok, usb and bluetooth are working. If you need more info please let me know. (also how to get that info if I have to do the command line stuff). I should probably buy the Linux Bible to get a better grasp of what's going on
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote