View Single Post
Old 2011-09-26, 04:04   Link #620
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is it possible for Kyoto Animation to go for the Noitamina timeslot? I noticed that among the most famous animation studios, Kyoani seems to be missing in the list of Noitamina series.

I do suspect that they might go for the otaku half of Noitamina since they need to build up funds since Nichijou appears to be a flop when it comes to DVD sales.
I think Bri made a great post about this before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri
/snip

I think it's due to K-on. K-on got Kyoani's first bit of recognition outside of the core otaku fanbase (even though it gets blamed for being pure otaku bait). Earlier attempts at different content did not work too well; see Munto and FMP. My guess is they tried the same with Nichijou, but went a bit too far in trying too please non-otaku so they lost their main audience on this one. I'm sure Nichijou would have worked fine in the Noitamina slot. Still, I hope it won't end their attempts to do something different.
But I'd be happy just to see them adapt more things that are safe for Golden Time. More widely accepted animations that aren't about fighting or magical girls or have to do with decade-long family series. It could help open up other genres to more general audiences.