View Single Post
Old 2012-05-31, 23:08   Link #706
Cal-Reflector

Episode 8: Owww.

Sentarou: Many viewers saw it coming, but it didn't lessen the impact on Sentarou, like a sledgehammer in the chest. His first love and first heart break, the pain amplified by his innocence and living in a more innocent time. The voice actor did a great job with the "bakayarou." The strained voice told all.

All things considered, Sentarou seems to be handling heartbreak well. It would be normal for him to feel like it was the end of the world; perhaps more grief and outpouring took place off screen. Perhaps the fact that he detected hints of Yurkia's affection and a history of looking up to but never measuring up to his idol Jun helped him face facts. "The better man won."

Still, hard to imagine Sentarou getting over Yurika that quickly and cleanly. I think Sentarou will find resolution and move on, but there's still work to be done (read: more action to come).

Ritsu: Clearly beginning to develop feelings for Kaoru. And why wouldn't she? Kaoru is handsome, smart, talented, rich, fun to get along with, and a gentleman (except for that kiss). Most importantly, he likes her. Feelings for childhood friends do not necessarily last forever. So what does Ritsu do now?

Oh and case anyone missed it, the cute classmate who inspired Ritsu to knit appears to have a crush on glasses-freckle-chubby-guitarist-train-otaku-boy, whose name I forget. So good things come to nerds after all!

Now if you'll excuse, I'm off to take some pills for the dull pain in my stomach.

Edit: Calling it now: Yurika's father will try to arrange her marriage with Kaoru. Nothing will come of it, and the effects on the current relationship map will be negligible.