View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 11:40   Link #1899
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Oh you never upgraded the armor? I did that once i maxed out on money. Wil basically is a tank in the mid to late game. I never found Sharty useless its just her atk can range from nothing to a lot of dmg, I personally found emelita useless... out of the three main characters for me she felt the weakest especially without her route specific weapons. I personally felt that Koha was broken compared to the null angel
I upgraded "some" armor. I never found the need to upgrade Wil's regular clothes before (esp knowing Wil will be getting an upgrade "soon" - my 1st playthrough on Yuela's route i did not have to upgrade until ch7-8). Emelita I spent a little on her pumpkin clothes which is probably the best deal you can get until NG+ (fissue being range 3 spell and it unlocks prevail).

Emelita is an amazing tank in NG+. Her two NG+ clothes gives probably the best skillset of the three characters. Bloodsuck III and access from reflect/soulshield/magic resist from other clothes will make Emelita pretty much invincible. Her gothic omni spells has amazing range and puts all sorts of debuffs on the victim.

Plus she can always fall back onto her elemental spells for maximum damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Question, I just downloaded this game and probably will try it out later, but just skimming the start menu there was 2 buttons "2.0 Game changes" and "Bonus characters from 2.0"

I noticed I have the game as version 2.0, but I could not enable the options (Only the 2.0 bonus dungeon is lit), the game changes and char are not.

Are these

1) Unlocked only if u finish the game 1st time

2) I install something wrong, need to redo something.

3) they are never translated?

<confused>
Some of the options (such as carrying over saved data, retaining character levels and such), well as well the NG+ quests are only available on the second playthough (which is ~50% of the content in the game).

Leguna, Golem, and Lily (three extra characters) are available when you finish the side stories from the menu. I do not recommend doing those as
i) side stories will have spoilers
ii) those characters are best used with special "stronger level up" items (marwen's ring and neck)
iii) the golem breaks the game for you as its really strong

Do play with them when you are starting your NG+. Lily is probably my favorite character because of her versatility.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote