View Single Post
Old 2010-04-30, 17:44   Link #5
Seiryuu

Thanks for the suggestion. Not bad overall, but a little different from what I'm trying to find. There wasn't really any true NTR that I could find; NTR implies that not only does the hero's crush/love get taken from him (hence the -torare), but that he finds out in a very unpleasant manner, not by being told that she's been taken, but rather by seeing for himself. Occasionally he might just see her blushing and cuddling with a boy, like an event that one character recalled in the series NHK (though not everyone would call that true netorare), but usually it's a lot more severe and graphic, effectively slapping him in the face with the fact that she's with someone, or that she'll be with almost anyone except possibly him. In this case, he just found out that she'd started going out with the guy the day after it happens, nothing more than verbal acknowledgement, not to mention that she is not the single central and ultimate love interest. I'm looking for something where the obviously unrequited love does eventually get through, and she returns his love completely.
One possibility is something that a few people on other anime sites said about alternate setups for B Gata H Kei, before people saw enough to start liking it: one suggestion was that a guy like a girl and find out that she is what Yamada wants to become (a total, absolute tramp), thus becoming very uncertain about pursuing a relationship, while at the same time the tramp finds herself falling for him and wanting to "settle down" as it were.
On the lowest level I want stuff where he knows her heart cannot be his, suffers and perhaps surrenders to the loss, but at some point, things change. Things taken for granted are noticed, hidden feelings emerge, new feelings blossom, and she loves him. The things is that I've seen all this stuff where the situation is made much more intense, shocking, and painful by the hero's finding out his loss in the worst way possible, so I want stuff where this is part of it, where he does get crushed by a sight that no one should have to see, but even so eventually she turns to him.
Also, I'd like a hero who's a little more likable. It's okay for the guy to be cruel when his heart's broken, but I want to be in a position where I feel that the guy deserves to find love and that it really is wrong that he lost out. Kurosawa eventually becomes like that, but it takes a while and for a long time he's a moster, not to mention that the story is mostly about his return to humanity rather than his finding love. Again I'll say that this was good, very good, and had some great stuff at certain points, thank you for the suggestion. Just not quite what I was aiming for here. Perhaps a little less drama, or at least less widespread atrocity, and a little more romance and focus on the ultimate pair.
Edit: After looking through my old stuff, I found one series that is very close to the sort of thing I'm looking for: Momoiro Peanuts by Tsutomu Mutsuki. Be forewarned, this does contained well-censored H and pseudo-loli, and only 3 chapters have been translated, though the serious stuff is several chapters further along. By pseudo(fake)-loli, I mean that the central girl is implied to be 18 and confirmed to be no younger (at one point a particularly perverted character jumps on her with the thought "Over 18!? OK!!"), though she could pass for 9 easily. I'm not particularly adept at Japanese and Kanji, so I'm not sure of everything, but here's what I can make out:
Spoiler for Momoiro Peanuts plot:

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2010-05-01 at 19:31.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote