View Single Post
Old 2011-03-06, 19:43   Link #10
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Just a benign question, but do people really enjoy NTR stories on a consistent basis? I don't know that's like heart-ripping drama and angst on a daily basis that could not be good for your mental and emotional well being.
I don't know why, but some people seem to really like the stuff. Something about wanting to be filled with indignant rage or something. I don't get it; while I get the rage thing, most of my anger is that that's all there was. Such a horrible experience will leave a lot of trauma one would think, and that changes a person. Almost every NTR I've seen you can tell there'd be a lot of story to tell after the last page, and while that story could dig itself deeper, it could also turn the entire thing around.

I don't mind semi-tragic stuff that ends with things properly resolved, but generally NTR does not have a resolution. It can be a way to keep people coming back; the first time I saw one of them I read the next several months of the publication hoping that the author would come back and finish things. They never did.

Oddly, the setting seems more popular of late. I've looked at lists of new anime/OVAs, and there were a couple months with one OVA after another where it was obvious just from the title, including a couple where netorare was actually in the title.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote