View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 14:58   Link #91
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Except that if they care too much, they risk being treated as criminals. I mean, it's great for nine-to-fivers. But, while they (we?) keep the society running, are they the ones who progress it? We know unemployment is all but inexistent. But I wonder about scientific progress?
If the technological advancement is the measure stick for any scientific progress, then I think it's more difficult to deny the progress from as much as we've seen from this series. The danger here is, however, that in such society how much humanity can peak may be restrained by the Sibyl System. Scientific progress may have seen its peak if such advancement came under the system, but as we've seen from that dialogue between Ginoza and the boss, there are ways to circumvent the system in certain situation. They have done it in the past, and they are probably doing so actively in the present. I'm pretty sure the evidence was there for the taking when people are coming down with those disease where they lose interest in everything to the point of becoming a vegetable. We still haven't fully understood ourselves to the point where we can clearly say what drives us to do anything. If every human being in the planet was fed, clothed, sheltered, no disease, no war, no worries, and etc... then will we try to invent, or write books, or go to space, or do anything that doesn't require us to do engage into those abstract processes? So if the people that running this system concluded Scientific progress can be maintained under such system, is it possible they would allow for an environment where science can be done unimpeded?

Here is another thought that has crossed my mind.... I wonder what the female boss's reading would have been if a Psycho Pass scan was ran on her? Was her Psycho Pass clouded when she talked about "erasing" the previous one in a million anomaly like Makishima?