Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-30, 23:03   Link #5901
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would point out that the context of the school closing had nothing to do with Senshado. That was basically brought up as a way to earn the school some sort of following and likely increase enrollment (as well as maybe patrons).

Due to this the enrollment in other schools will go down slightly, but one could consider it acceptible considering Ooarai's likely 20 year slide to the bottom of the enrollment pile. You close down schools that start to not have enough students to justify its existance. The town is there to support the school, so if the school closes, the town (and ship) are unnecessary. The people can relocate to the actual town of Ooarai were many of them are from. Some would have to lose their shops, but that is business. They might make it on land, they might not. That's not the school boards concern. The school is. If the school isn't attracting people, you close it to save money and redistribute the students to other schools.

Sometimes old schools get repurposed. Locally, the High School my parents went to closed down decades ago, but it still exists. It was repurposed as an Adult ED school and I think extra space for the elementary school. The middle school that was there was torn down. Another school was closed down when the district could it would cost too much to refit the school under the new EPA codes (asbestos). It became a Jewish Community Center until recently when they closed down. I don't know what has happened to the building in the last year, though I know it needed work as the Center had been trying to raise money for years to tear it down to make a new building.

I don't know who would repurpose a school ship, but 7.5 km of ship must be useful to somebody, unless it is so all that it is a maintenance nightmare (also driving up costs). Sort of like why USS Enterprise (CVN-65)was retired. The sailor on her loved her and hated her. She was a great ship, but being one of a knd and 50 years old made her a nightmare to keep running.