View Single Post
Old 2013-09-14, 17:24   Link #54
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
What do you mean "so what"? If the data is destroyed, that's pointless because that's what Mikoto came there for- to save Febli.
If the data stick is destroyed, there are backups. Which he knows.
Quote:
She didn't want to risk getting it destroyed. He may have been lying, he may not have been- she doesn't know. How was she supposed to know how "her way" would turn out? She's an electromaster, not a fortune teller.
She's not a fortune teller, so she doesn't know if the data really is in that stick, or if she can trust him. She could have guessed a bit better, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Exactly why you would fail even more miserably than Mikoto. Negotiations would be completely over with and there would be no hope at all.

There is a reason why hostage situations require expert education and training.
Negotiations are over when you lose your hold on the guy. As Mikoto did. And tell me, exactly, how one can fail more miserably than Mikoto short of putting a bullet in one's own head?

With my way, even if the data isn't in the stick, or it's destroyed, why, he'd have something I want - the poison neutralizer formula. And I'd have something he presumably want - his balls. And there's also the possibility of negotiating with a mind reading esper rather than a crazy guy.

As for "expert education and training", I'm pretty sure that one of the first, if not the very first, lessons is to not listen to Hollywood. Under no circumstances are you to drop your gun. Too bad Mikoto failed to figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
Now you're going out of Mikoto's character. That's something you might do (who knows? I don't know you) but that's not what Mikoto would do. Remember back in Sisters Arc? She wasn't even willing to fully torture Frenda when she had her cornered.
Spoiler for Toaru Majutsu no Index: Railgun SS2: Shopping Mall Demonstration:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote