View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 18:01   Link #129
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Having just watched Lovely Complex fairly recently..... dude...

LC was a fun show but especially in the second half after they got together it was basically a cliche a week series up until the end. We had the random rival for the girl, the new guy who just so happens to be just like Ootani who likes her for no real reason. It was just lazy plot devices left and right to artificially create conflict.
Those episodes with Mimi and Kohori were really rushed and useless...Specially those with Kohori. I remember that I had been disappointed by Risa's behaviour, because she had fought so much to get Otani, just caught her happiness, and now she was wasting everything because of a guy who she had just met. Even if I know that she really loved Otani, when I saw that she behaved in that way, I couldn't help to have the feeling that her love for him wasn't so strong, after all...And this sensation was really annoying, after the big satisfaction that I had felt with the episode 18.
Anyway, I still love Lovely Complex, so I can forgive it for those poor episodes...Overall, it's very good and is one of my favorite love comedies. But I admit that it's not really the ideal example of good pacing in a show. The episodes after the 18th are really inconsistent and rushed, much more than the final episodes of Toradora, in my opinion.
Imho, an example of show with a perfect pacing, is Maison Ikkoku. It's really a masterpiece. In our days, very long series and still solid like that probably don't exist anymore. But Toradora could be it, if only J.C. Staff had wanted to use a bigger budget: the original material is really great, and I'm sure that a series of 52 episodes (more or less) would have expressed fully the potential of the novels, without be boring.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2009-04-20 at 18:47.