View Single Post
Old 2009-05-02, 15:11   Link #54
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Eden of the East continues to be the most impressive anime this season. Whether you look at the characters and how they are being developed, the pacing, or the story, it has all been great.

This episode is definitely not a filler, like some post said earlier in this thread. While we were given certain hints and clues regarding many of the topics discussed in this episode that may have led us to figure out some of these facts for us, it really provided clarity for our protagonist's situation. It is seemingly a lot more grave than originally anticipated as well.

I can see this series as being similar to Ergo Proxy in its plot build up. I have a feeling it will do much of the same, by meeting new Selecaos on this journey much like Vincent when he kept meeting new Proxies. Each time, there will be new revelations, and the character will learn a bit more about himself.

So unlike our friendly Selecao in this episode, I expect many of the ones in future episodes to be not so friendly, like Mr.Detective.

I give this episode a 9/10.