View Single Post
Old 2011-01-23, 00:16   Link #72
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode 3 - Your Song

Episode Review
Given we had 95% original material, this was still a really great episode. We learned more about our characters, specifically Minorin. Oh, we got our legendary Taiga forced happy face, or whatever you call it, as well. Still, such a good episode. It still had the same feeling and warmth as the previous episodes too. Sometimes you can tell when it gets anime original (Claymore, Soul Eater) but here... it's tricky to tell. The only thing taken from the novel was Minorin working at the family restaurant, that's all.

One more episode to Ami's introduction... cannot wait.

DVD Translation
Our Kugimiya "shut up, shut up, shut up" in the beginning was reduced to "zip it" but her later ones were mostly left in tact. Still a solid job though. Wish more releases were like this (namely my Blood+... dubtitles, the horror).

Artbook Excerpt
"A nosebleed just means your heart is sweating."
The phrase actually comes from a drama's opening theme song, but normally, girls don't say this when they have a nosebleed.

Featured Interview Excerpt
HORIE Yui as KUSHIEDA Minori
>>Please tell us your first impression of Minori and how you felt after playing the role.
"When I saw the character at the audition I really wanted to play as her. I thought she was so energetic and eternally cheerful. When recording started, I worked with the recording director and other staff members to create Minori. They would say how she's like this and how she should be, but some of the suggestions kind of sounded like a middle-aged man (laughs). It's a character type rarely seen in anime, but there are girls like her in the real world and Minori is like the ultimate version of them. She tries out anything if she has the chance, and it's after trying so many things that she's become who she is now."