View Single Post
Old 2012-09-07, 18:45   Link #291
Thess

Going to send the Rider answers in a PM, because they contain spoilers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Also, I'm very baffled as to why you guys feel the need to defend Kariya when you're basically restating what I said. "He's insane because of the worms." Uh...yeah? "I endured all of that for you and Sakrua" isn't the clearest indicator he doesn't recognize the woman he loves. "I'll never forgive you if you deny all that?" Clear and conscious [?] rebuke...of the very same Aoi he loves. With the horror on his face as she enters the church to Tokiomi's...who could he have possibly mistaken her for? Lmao.

But yeah, the jealousy, rage, and worms and stuff drive him to attempt murder.
Spoiler:
chaos_alfa already gave you the novel quote. Kariya's strain wasn't only emotional, his organs (including his brain) weren't functioning. Look at this description of him in the initial battle (episode 5) to see how the anime tone down his suffering (the manga portrays it very well):

Spoiler for novel:

That was in season one.

Of course jealousy and other factors played a role, but the man wasn't in a state to sip tea calmly. He was practically a zombie.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote