View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 09:54   Link #5748
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Episode 36

It's just one guy for crying out load. A whole military base can't capture one guy?!?!

Well the plot keeps thickening. I don't mind the direction it's going that much but I wish it would do it better.

Personally I don't know what Athrun was thinking when he decided to argue with the Chairman. The holes in the Chairman's reasoning are obvious. If Archangel is on their side then he expects them to come to him and if they don't then he can destroy them. I think the obvious solution is for ZAFT to try and contact Archangel for negotiations. Athrun could have easily pointed that out and yet he didn't. Maybe he realised the Chairman's real side then but we don't know and that's the issue. Like I said, I don't know what Athrun was thinking so i don't know what the story is trying to achieve. Was the story saying the Chairman's rationale looked reasonable on paper but Athrun knew otherwise or is the story saying the Chairman's rational had obvious holes but Athrun didn't feel the need to push?

Episode 37

And thus Athrun survives. Cue surprise from absolutely no one.

Well at least Meyrin survived too. I'd have been incredibly pissed if they let Meyrin die.

I hope Shinn becomes a full blown antagonist now. He'd make a great antagonist.

Spoiler for @ monster:
The former.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote