View Single Post
Old 2011-10-25, 00:33   Link #2
sergel02

I haven't liked an anime this much since i got into Fruits Basket earlier in the year, and before that i think it was Bleach and before that some from when i was younger like Sailormoon and Cardcaptor.

Even though its a shounen anime/manga, i like the mix of more typical shoujo elements, like the emphasis on emotions and such. Anyway, I'll just list the things i like (note its mostly the anime I'm talking about. Don't pay much attention to mangas):
  • Even though Natsu is a kinda typical shounen lead, he's different enough to not turn me off.
  • The team is more than just 4 or 5 guys and 1 girl. I like the balance. I find women severely underpowered in most shounen-aimed shows. It is a bit so in this, but not nearly as bad at all.
  • I love the powers. I love magic and the seals and how its explained and the elements. I'm a big RPG video game player, and this reminds me of that.
  • The humor. It still has typical yelling like in lots of anime, but its funny to me.
  • It doesn't have blood. Not really a negative if a show has it, but its nice not to see it. Kinda refreshing after watching shows like Bleach or Guyver lol.
  • I like that Lucy is the main female lead. Usually i like the side characters more but i really like Lucy.
  • I like how the main battles aren't just the main male lead vs. the bad guy. I mean, it kinda is so in this too, but the others help a lot more and have their own fight.
  • I like the art style.
  • THE MUSIC!! nuff said.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote