Thread: Proposal Make post counts public
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 16:45   Link #27
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
yeah it solves a lot of issues associated with that. . .personally I also think that the join date should be removed too, just put in the persons profile like the post count, It'll pretty much FORCE people to be more observant, and use their brains to determine who the good posters are.
It's strange to me that you're talking about how these measures are insulting to users and make it so that nobody has to think about who the good posters are. Isn't it insulting to imply that people are relying on these measures (which don't really indicate anything other than what they're specifically measuring) instead of the content of posts?

But looking at your suggestions, why not take it a step farther? How about we get rid of user accounts all together and have a system like 2ch or 4chan, where it's all completely anonymous? Sure, it would create a very warped sense of community (and if you want to talk about psychiatry offices... well, hmm) but then you'd really be judging the post based on the post, itself.

I hate the idea, because I like to get to know who else is participating in the community. It adds flair and flavor to the forum. But I'm interested to know, what do you think about that idea?