Thread: Proposal Make post counts public
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 18:09   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm actually somewhat embarrassed by my 3.18 posts/day figure! But then retirement is not far off. (Checks his retirement savings.) Well, maybe it is...
I'll see your 3.18 and raise you 5.78 . I'm about to break 12,000 posts, and I'm not embarrassed, and I do not understand why others should be. Posting a lot does not indicate anything other than a desire to discuss various opinions and ideas with others during the course of a day (it also doesn't mean spending more than an hour or so a day on this forum). I don't take any real pride in my amount of posts, but I am also not embarrassed by them either (I figure at least 7,000 of them are centered in the Bleach, Naruto and One Piece sub-forums, and if I can admit that, then what do I have to feel embarrassed about ).

---

As for the OP...well, it's a little silly to focus on amount of posts (or rep, join date, amount of friends, amount of threads started, amount of pms/vms received, or any other statistic you can mention) as indicators of anything beyond possible experience in using the various forum tools or knowing your way around the different sub-forums. My amount of posts does not make me a better or worse discussion partner on these forums nor should it add or detract the weight of my post (being a moderator should do that automatically ). Quantifying membership seems downright prejudicial and very unnecessary.