Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 13:39   Link #988
joeboygo
mechaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
I never thought that the episodes were showing that Aoba is far above other girls in baseball and women's baseball "offering no worthy challenge" to her.
I can't yet fully discuss all the points you raise, but in the episode, if Aoba wasn't at least an exceptional female player, how would you account for the facts that:

1. the college team coach, who is also the national team coach, made it a point to ask who Aoba was after the throw from center to home;

2. the best slugger on the college team, who (if I recall) is also the clean up hitter of the national team, acknowledges that Aoba is really good and that not being able to hit her throws is nothing to be embarrassed about;

3. by the end of the game, the college/national team coach knew that Aoba was on the Seishu team.

That last item was an attempt by the anime people at Adachi-style subtlety. They did not show us that the college/national team coach was doing a background check. But he very clearly knew more about Aoba by the end of the game than he did when it began. Take note that he too was surprised when the high school team switched pitchers mid-game, indicating that he did not even know Aoba played the pitcher position.

And we were not talking about Aoba's batting. Up to this point, her batting has not been an important detail to the story.
joeboygo is offline   Reply With Quote