View Single Post
Old 2013-02-15, 15:23   Link #1654
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Yup, tbh I think Broder is the one on thin ice here, when half of your counter to hard data boils down to "but, but the guy I talked to on the phone said...", it's not looking good for you.

As you mentioned, CNN managed the same trip in one day instead of two, took a 30 mile detour to avoid traffic, hit traffic anyway, and still had plenty of range left to spare at the end. Seems like the CNN driver managed to grasp the concept that if you don't put in enough fuel (whether gas or electricity) in your vehicle, you're probably not gonna get there, something Broder apparently has yet to figure out.

Something that most people who complain about the Model S seems to forget that the Model S is a niche product aimed at a very specific market. It's a high end luxury sport sedan using cutting edge tech for rich people who will more than likely have another car or 2 for the few times they would actually drive long distance instead of just flying. It's not designed for nor aimed at the avg. consumer as an all-purpose car.

Not unless you're rich enough to use a BMW M5 or Nissan GTR as one.
i think Broder is lying but in the end it doesn't really do Tesla much good with the general public. As the perception becomes you actually need to read and follow the instruction to operate a Tesla vehicle. And American pride themselves on not reading the instruction sheets much less following them.