View Single Post
Old 2007-06-28, 16:13   Link #21
elusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by funk View Post
are the roots still making music? =o

When i was in middle school and into rap, the roots were one of my favourite bands. Really soul-full music.

Heh, when i came into this thread i thought it was gonna be about japanese rap artists like def-row, or sorta like flo, but i guess they are more popish.

As for my matured opinion of rap. Usually it stands for everything i hate. Alot of oldschool rap was about being good at rapping, hanging out, or about nothing at all! Which was cool and fun. Now i find alot of it is just egotistic ignorance. I'm not a fan of nickelback or whoever made this song, but i love this quote: "if everyone learned and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride... then we'd see the day when nobody died." It's not true in entirety, but in theory and everything i hear in rap is saying "hey im better than you, and stop rapping cause this is my scene, blah blah I'm an idiot." It's all the ignorance that makes me glad im on the south side of detroit river (Canadian side).

Sorry i got carried away, but it angers me because pop appears to be in the process of being taken over by rap, which just makes japanese music that much more appealing.
the roots put out an album last year.

the dumb stuff you hear in rap is only in the mainstream. turn off mtv and the radio and there's plenty of great artists out there. you just gotta put in some effort to find them. guys like lupe fiasco or little brother are great.

in the next two years, a lot of the ignorance will be eliminated because it's no longer selling.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote