View Single Post
Old 2009-05-13, 19:51   Link #7
Marion
The Great Dine

It's a good game. Interesting story line, nice twists but at the same time it doesn't completely overdo it.

Spoiler for Ending:

Characters are unique in their own way, but I think we lack serious characters in the game - I mean, I thought we had some but the entire omake adventure Another Day ruined my perception of those serious characters completely.

However, the problem after you do everything, like collect the secret reports, beat the game and all it gets a little repetitive. This is a problem in most Square Enix games in my opinion: after everything is done the game just becomes boring and makes you wonder why you even play afterwards.

The double battle concept is very nice, but man the top players are morons or just really slow. Seriously, half the time I would take over for them because I couldn't beat this one boss for what seemed like forever because Shiki kept screwing up and not letting me get combos.

Overall my only two big tiffs with this entire game is the way the story was drawn out and the Pin System
Shiki's week was very good, Joshua's week was very odd for me considering Neku's thoughts on trusting him or not and Beat's week was just comical relief - it barely gave me any thoughts of "wow this is a good week". Only meaningful part in it was the explanation of Beat and Rhyme's connection.

Spoiler for End of Boss battle with Mitsuki:

Pin system. Not going to lie, it's pretty nifty and creative. But other than that it's really annoying. You basically end up scratching up your DS screen, trying to activate the pins yet half the time they go defective and don't even work, despite using them like the description tells you to. That and the evolution system is so messed up I wonder how anyone could possibly figure it out just from playing the game alone.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote