View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 13:36   Link #23339
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
It could be, definitely, but sadly the game is too vague in many areas to say when we're over-analysing.
I disagree. The game's not that vague so much as Tyukishi didn't think very hard about it.

Quote:
I bring Battler's absence to notice, due personal suspicion about Kyrie and Rudolph who could have been involved in this case from even before, rather than just being mere opportunists. If they were somehow involved with Yasu from before, Battler's absence in Lion's world could be a small hint, because Lion has no deep feelings for Battler, whereas in Yasu's worlds, Rudolph and Kyrie went an extra mile to persuade Battler in forgiving them.
That's implying that Rudolf and Kyrie give a shit about Yasu. EP7 suggests they don't.

Quote:
There's Rudolph telling Battler he had something to say to him in EP1 (which was written by Yasu before 1986's conference took place), EP7's Tea Party, Bern's game in EP8 and Ange's reaction to Eva's diary which lead me to think there may be something going on here. There's also Battler and Yasu/Beato being able to leave in a boat (but this could be explained by saying Kinzo gave the boats some maintenance, or that the boat simply happened to work and Yasu knew it) and they had gold with them.
I think it's pretty obvious Rudolf wanted to admit the baby switch. As for the boat, i felt Yasu had that prepared for whoever solved the Epitaph, so they didn't have to wait for rescue.

Quote:
But by EP6 (or even before) Tōya has, quite likely, already recovered his memories. Ikuko was there with him throughout his whole mental journey. It wouldn't be odd, at all, if he told her his story.
EP8's ending has him claim that he still doesn't remember everything, so I doubt it.

Quote:
I was doing some small research, and it seems I'm wrong on the issue of a Game Master needing to be someone who knows the truth, but it's the same for territory lords, since Erika was territory lord for a while too, remember? Here, a quote from Lambda:
"Too bad, Erika. .........Just when you were finally appointed as the territory lord of this Fragment, you've been deprived of that title."
Are you sure? I don't remember Erika ever being made the Territory Lord, only the Gamemaster. Gamemaster and Territory Lord aren't synonymous, for that matter.

Quote:
That could simply mean she hadn't played a straight game. The first part was barely your usual game. In fact, nothing happened. All she did was basically lock everyone in one building so that Will could interview them all.

If we believe her when she said she wasn't the Game Master in the Tea Party, then that adds up to it.
True, but in that case, does she really need the knowledge of the Truth to write what she did? She had Clair give her confession, then murdered her, then did a purple text puzzle game. Oooh.

Quote:
The problem is Lambda already knows everything. Bern only knew the bits Lambda had told her until EP7, where she quite likely found out what actually happened.
Lambda knows everything Beatrice knows, but does Beatrice know everything there is to know? There's a difference between understanding Rokkenjima and understanding the Meta-World that Beatrice/Toya constructed.

Quote:
May I ask where was it said the TL was so powerful? As far as I know, a TL is someone who has been able to defend his truth on the matter of Rokkenjima. That's it. Hell, Lambda was above Erika, even when the latter became TL.
Erika was never a Territory Lord as far as I recall. The Territory Lord is the absolute master of Rokkenjima, so Lambdadelta shouldn't have the authority to pass that around anyway. The Territory Lord is described as being the 'god' of the Gameboards, even moreso than the Gamemaster. To the point that the Siestas can't even target him. Not attack him and fail; they literally can't even ATTEMPT an attack.

Quote:
Of course, unlike Erika, Battler knew THE TRUTH. So, in terms of knowledge, he's more authoritative than Erika as a TL. However, if someone else proves equal knowledge as Battler, then there's little he can do if the other party wants to disclose the truth instead of keeping it sealed.
Right, but there's a difference between disclosing the truth and writing a Game to do so.

Quote:
Actually, she did the same. In EP7's Tea Party she showed an scenario in which his immediate family ended up slaughtering his whole family. That's exactly the same thing she did in her game in EP8. Both were heartless scenarios.
You're not getting the distinction. EP8 was a logical puzzle that was no more brutal than any other Game, where everyone dies anyway. EP7 was an exercise to break Ange's heart specifically and prove to Lion that no matter what he can never be happy. It's a matter of intent.

Quote:
Moreover, in EP7, it had been constantly repeated that Battler had been too late in arriving the truth and that's why Clair was in that state and it was Will who had to put her to sleep. So, I really think EP7's board was special in that sense, and I don't think BATTLER could have done anything about it.
Because Bern wrote it that way, but the Canon Author trumps the Fanfic Writer.

Regardless, I felt that Clair was a phantom of the Beatrice that died at the end of EP5. A lingering regret that needed to be resolved. Even if BATTLER did show up, he couldn't help her because it's not the Battler she knew in her lifetime.