View Single Post
Old 2003-11-15, 12:23   Link #82
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andii56
i havent really "hated" any anime characters since Goku.

but i have to say, i really dislike Hinata. i've never really liked the type of character she is. everyone is like "OMG!!11 Hinata has the potential to become very strong!!" and random stuff like that, but fact is, she isnt strong at all. the Jounin shoulda let Neji do away with her, seriously, what is she for?

Even so, at least she held her own with Neji. Neji, himself, is pretty powerful and for Hinata being able to hold her own against him was pretty commendable considering how weak the creator of Naruto tends to make some his female characters. The thing is also, besides having the Byuaken(?) which in itself is pretty awesome, she can fight. What is also commendable is that her fighting doesn't consist of biting someone because there's nothing better you can do so you have to become desperate and do things like that. I doubt if Sakura had actually had a fight with Neji, she would've even lasted as long as Hinata did, if she would've even had lasted.

As for Sakura being a realistic girl, I don't know.... I would imagine if she were real, someone as smart as her would realize, even for her love for Sasuke, that being a female ninja in male ninja world would require her to not only be book smart and to see through genjutsus, but to also be able to fight and protect yourself. She would know that she would have to try harder than everyone else. So to see Sakura...it's just so disappointing. I thought she would've had so much potential, but even as comic relief she sucks. I don't even find her funny. Plus, I thought Naruto was the comic relief as well as the main character. We already have him and he has enough comic relief for the entire show, who needs another useless one?
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote