View Single Post
Old 2008-09-29, 21:33   Link #1043
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I can't be more clearer than this...When you watch a series and it ends and you have that feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction, you can't do much better than that...Yeah the Love Triangle didn't get resolved fully but I think the truth of Alto's feeling were definatley humanized....The artistry of the fighting to the sonic elegance of the music was all great things to behold...They didn't try to give every little side character a personified ending to cater to everyone *code cough geass cough*, they just all did their parts and the story ended without having to sacrifice itself for them...But again what's important is that at the end of the road I thought MacF was great and felt like I was better off for having given it a shot...As Alto wisked around in his solo-flyer to meet the 2 hotties in his life, somehow it just felt right...
See, I agree with you here. This series ended with so much booms and bangs that it really does the show total injustice by simply looking only at the triangle (and yes, I am aware I have made this similar mistake).

I think my brain orgasmed many times during this episode, it was pretty much everything I could hope for in a Macross episode. Large fleet battles (biggest I have yet seen), awesome dogfights, capitalship slugfest, with the absolute most awesome soundtrack in anime history up-to-date playing in the background like a form of marching music. That said, the end result is a mecha fanboy's dream come true, and something that will be utterly difficult to top in years to come.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was watching an expensive MTV broadcast.

On the other hand, Code Geass ended. Quite frankly though, the ending sucked hard. The allocated death(s) were pretty pointless. Quite a disappointment, especially after the awesomeness that is season I.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.