Old 2009-04-17, 12:06   Link #80
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFH_of_OZ View Post
I hope it's not considered thread necromancy... -_-;

From Aegisub help thread:
In that case, the important things would be using proper fonts and colors, right?
Considering that I usually do triple subs (kanji + romaji + english) for Jpop PVs (not anime), what would you recommend for:
- fonts (all three should ideally look same or at least similar, right?)
- colors (font+border, on white background and on black one)

For example, here's a screenshot of a PV I'm thinking of doing (Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago by Morning Musume). As I see it, romaji goes into the white area at the top, english - at the bottom, and kanji will be on the right, vertical. What's the better font/color combination for that?
From just a pic you can't accurately style something. This is even more true when it is a song styling. For songs you need to match the video of course but also the way the vocals are done as well as the style of music. Styling is also much more than just font+color. There are diff ways of adding borders and shadows that can completely change the representation of the subtitle and the mood they will set. If you'd like to see what I mean you can find me on rizon and I can give you some "example" styles for that clip granted I am given a script+vid. The script can have gibberish in the lines incase you wish to protect the translation. I just need correct timing for test views with some text in them.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote