View Single Post
Old 2009-06-14, 03:25   Link #12
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, not so much about developing a love triangle as it's about developing her relationship with Welkin. To do that, they're making it more obvious that he isn't the only guy in her life, or even necessarily that, on the surface, the one she's most "compatible" with. This anime isn't a war story as much as it's a love story in the context of war. So, to tell a love story, you need some contrast to help separate the relationship they share with the other relationships in the story. That's basically why this whole story is so heavy on character development and personal interaction, with less of an emphasis on the war plot (which is more being used as a vehicle for character development). I haven't played the game yet, but I take it from all the comments that this approach has fundamentally changed the story experience (but arguably in a complimentary way).
Even before I bought the game, I found it annoying. Having almost caught up to the anime story wise in the game, I REALLY find it annoying now.

To each their own. You might like the changes, I'm just face-palming.