Thread: Licensed Taishou Yakyuu Musume
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-11, 12:59   Link #382
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
They are still losers. No matter how much people sugar coat what happened, they are still losers. The guys were right, women do not belong in the baseball field if they couldn't even beat them. Simple as that. So what if they can play baseball, the fact remains they weren't good enough and weren't as good as the guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
It doesn't matter if LA Clippers lose as long as they make money. As long as they have a huge fan base and can make a lot of profit, they belong to the NBA. This is totally different.

I can't believe you guys are saying they are equal. If the guys played seriously from the start, the girls would have lost by a land slide. The girls will never be able to beat them. They can play that game a million times and it is clear that the guys will win every time. How is that equal?
So how is it different? The NBA isn't actually basketball, but rather a way to earn money and thus different rules apply? You argue that it's different, but you don't explain why. The girls had a fanbase and neither team was making money. I understand that they aren't playing at the professional level, but are you implying that the rules for who can or can't play baseball are different at the professional level than at the regular level?

I don't understand how the girls losing [lol@your taking one sample and applying it to a whole gender] means that women in general shouldn't play baseball. It seems to me that you're taking a point and drawing a completely unrelated conclusion from it.
But here, since you didn't like the NBA example, I'll give you another. Any type of competitive game [like fighting games or Pokemon] has its characters split into tiers that show where each character is ranked based off of tournament results, etc. To me, you're arguing that you shouldn't let any any character play except those of the highest tier, although in plenty of tournaments a lower tier character is able to win.

You do realize that the comments they make in the beginning of the game, like the pitcher saying that he didn't go easy [I don't remember the actual quote], are supposed to indicate that although their demeanor wasn't serious, they were putting a serious effort into it, right? I don't know if you play sports, but that does happen.
Also, hypotheticals and exaggerations make me laugh. The girls showed that they had the ability to adapt once the boys started 'playing seriously' [which, in my opinion, they were from the beginning], so there's just as much a chance that they could've had an even match as the chance of the guys destroying them if they played a million matches or whatever.

To me, you're just saying that they're never going to win and never explain why, and it just gives off the impression that you're saying they're not equal because they're girls and that skill doesn't matter. Tell me, why does the fact that they're girls mean that they can't play baseball well? If that's not what you're saying, then what are you saying?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote